Ummah Central


Thursday 18 October 2012

And You restored me, covered me and aided me

"....And You restored me, covered me and aided me
And enveloped me in Grace and Goodness
You are the One who gave me refuge and awarded me
And guided me from the confusion of disappointment and loss
And You have planted love for me between hearts,

And the inclination from You is by way of mercy and affection
And You have spread goodness out for me amongst the people
And You have hid my sin from their eyes
And You have made my reputation amongst the people widespread
Until You made them all my brothers
By Allaah, had they known the ugliness of my inner self,
Whoever met me would have refused to greet me
And they would have shunned me and be disgusted with my friendship
And I would have drawn on myself disgrace after honour
But You covered my faults and defects,
And You bore my sin and my tyranny
So all Praise is to You, and all commendations
With my thoughts, my limbs and my tongue."

[Nooniya al-Qahtaani]

No comments:

Post a Comment