Ummah Central


Sunday 2 January 2011

Be cautious of ....

Be cautious of humiliating an honourable person

Or embarrassing an intelligent one.

Be cautious of ennobling a despicable person

Or joking with a foolish one

Or indeed living with an immoral being…

I have truly tasted all pleasures in life

But I did not find anything sweeter than wellbeing.

And I have tasted all burdens in life

But I did not find anything bitter than being in need of people

And I have carried both iron and stone

But I did not find anything more burdensome than debt

You should know that life is but two days;

A day in your favour and a day against you

So if it is in your favour, do not become proud

And if it is against you, then practise patience.

”from Da'wah, Heart Softners, Poetry, Tarbiyyah [Training and Self-Development], Translations

fajr.wordpress.com

No comments:

Post a Comment