Ummah Central


Thursday 24 November 2011

I studied adab (manners) for thirty years

Ibn al-Mubarak said, "I studied adab (manners) for thirty years and I studied knowledge for twenty years."

Truthful was the poet when he said, "Knowledge is beauty and silence is salvation, if you speak, then do not be excessive; If I ever regretted my silence just once, then I have indeed regretted my speech a lot more."

"When it comes to my provisions, I rely upon Allah, my Creator; And I know with certainty that He will no doubt provide for me. Whatever’s in my due, will not pass me by, Even if it were to be in the depths of the sea. Allah the Exalted will bring it forth by His Grace, Even if I were to remain silent over it. So, what can a soul feel sorrow over, When the Most Merciful has set the provisions of the creation?" Imam ash Shafie

No comments:

Post a Comment